Registration of a temporarily imported car in Ukraine
We register a car of a non-resident:
Рекомендую! Очень профессионально работают, легко общаться, доброжелательные. Всё вып…
Хочу поблагодарить юридическую компанию ЮСТИКОН в лице юриста Марии Литвин за оказани…
Briefly about registering a temporarily imported car
1. Cars imported temporarily by non-residents are subject to mandatory registration at service centres of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
2. The car is allowed tо reside in Ukraine up to 1 month without the need to register it.
3. Conditions for registering a car in Ukraine by a non-resident:
- A foreigner must have a temporary residence permit, a certificate of the registration of the place of residence and a taxpayer card (TIN);
- The car must be registered in a foreign country on a foreigner who is going to make temporary registration in Ukraine.
4. The maximum period of temporary import is one year, so, you can register a car within this period.
5. For the lack of registration of a temporarily imported car, a fine is provided.
Import and registration of a car as temporarily imported is not possible for citizens of Ukraine and foreigners who have a permanent residence permit in Ukraine.
We provide this service exclusively for foreigners who have issued a temporary residence permit in Ukraine and are registered in Kyiv or Kyiv region.
Contact us - consultation is free!
The cost of registering a temporarily imported car
- Preparation of a package of documents
- Accompanying the issuance of a certificate of vehicle registration at the State Customs Service
- Payment of official fees
- Obtaining a temporary registration card at the service centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine
- 12500 uah
- Personal consultation regarding the import of a car into the territory of Ukraine and the correct processing of documents
- Step-by-step instructions for preparing documents for a car
- Practical advice on the procedure for registering a car in Ukraine by a foreigner from a practising lawyer
- 2000 uah (if further you order full support of obtaining documents — we will deduct the cost of this consultation from the cost of our services)
Detailed about registering a temporarily imported car
For how long can a non-resident import a car into Ukraine?
The Customs Code of Ukraine allows the import of a car by a non-resident citizen into the territory of Ukraine for up to 1 year.
When a temporarily imported car is in Ukraine over this period, the following fines are provided:
- up to 3 days - 850 UAH;
- from 3 to 10 days - 5100 UAH;
- from 10 to 20 days - 17000 UAH;
- from 20 to 30 days - UAH 85,000;
- more than 30 days/loss of a car/disassembly of a car - UAH 170,000 or confiscation of a car.
How does a non-resident cross the border in his own car?
When entering the territory of Ukraine, the border service enters data about the car into the customs database. A foreigner signs an obligation to export a car from the territory of Ukraine in time.
Necessary documents for crossing the border of Ukraine on your own car:
- Technical certificate;
- Medical insurance policy for a car, valid on the territory of Ukraine.
Why is it necessary to register a car of a non-resident of Ukraine?
The legislation provides that non-residents who imported a car into Ukraine under the temporary import regime for a period of more than 30 days are required to register this car at the service centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and receive a temporary registration card.
Who has the right to register a car imported under the temporary import regime?
Such a right is granted to a non-resident of Ukraine who has a temporary residence permit in Ukraine and registration of a place of residence.
How is the registration process going?
To register a car of a non-resident, you must:
- Issue a certificate of registration of the vehicle in the customs service.
- Contact the service centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and issue a registration card.
What happens if the registration procedure is not completed ?
The first fixation of an offence by law enforcement bodies will cost the owner 850 uah, the second - 1,700 uah or public works for a period of 30 to 40 hours with or without paid confiscation of the vehicle.
The procedure for registering a car imported under the temporary import regime
- Preparation 1 w.d.
- preparation of applications, petitions, letters and other documents
- Registration of documents on the internal counter and registration in the MIA service center 1 w.d.
- submission of documents to the territorial customs authority
- obtaining a vehicle registration certificate
- submission of documents to the service center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
- obtaining a temporary registration card
List of documents required for registration of a car imported under the temporary import regime
1. A document confirming the registration of a car outside Ukraine
2. Temporary residence permit and a certificate of registration/declaration of place of residence
4. Taxpayer card (TIN)
After registering a temporarily imported car, can I leave Ukraine?
Oh sure. You can both freely travel around Ukraine, and leave and enter Ukraine on this car. If you are stopped by a police officer, be sure to show your temporary registration card to avoid fines.
Questions and comments