Extension of the stay term in Ukraine
Help in finding out whether there are grounds for extending the period of stay in Ukraine, collection of documents and accompany the procedure at the Migration Service
Рекомендую! Очень профессионально работают, легко общаться, доброжелательные. Всё вып…
Хочу поблагодарить юридическую компанию ЮСТИКОН в лице юриста Марии Литвин за оказани…
Briefly on stay term extension in Uraine
1) Extending the period of stay of a foreigner in Ukraine — a mechanism provided for by legislation, following which a foreigner, if there are reasons, can extend the period of stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days.
2) It is possible to extend the period of stay only if there are grounds provided for by law, which can be found below.
3) It is necessary to apply for an extension no later than 3 working days before the end of the authorized period of stay.
4) The maximum period for which the stay can be extended is 6 months: it depends on the reasons for the extension.
Our company will help you collect the necessary package of documents and extend the period of stay of a foreigner in Ukraine quickly and without hassle.
Contact us - consultation is free!
The cost of stay term extension in Ukraine
- Preparation of a package of documents
- Submission of a package of documents to the Migration Service
- Support when submitting and receiving a passport with a note on the extension of the term
- 4800 uah
- Payment of state duty
- 200 uah
- Translation of a foreigner's passport into Ukrainian, notarized
- 400 uah
- Address search for extension of stay and preparation of relevant applications in Kyiv
- by agreement
Detailed on a stay term extension in Ukraine
Why is it necessary to extend the period of stay in Ukraine?
Extending the period of stay of a foreigner is a legal way to extend your stay on the territory of Ukraine beyond the validity of the visa or the 90-day visa-free period. When extending the period of stay, a stamp is placed in the foreigner's passport indicating the date until which he is allowed to be legally in the territory of Ukraine.
Exceeding the permitted period of stay on the territory of Ukraine is subject to administrative liability.
For foreigners and stateless persons, the amount of the fine will be from UAH 1,700 to UAH 5,100.
What are the grounds for extending the period of stay in the territory of Ukraine?
A foreigner may extend the period of stay on the territory of Ukraine on the following grounds:
- treatment, pregnancy or childbirth;
- care for a sick family member;
- registration of inheritance;
- immigration documents have been submitted for consideration by the Migration service;
- documents regarding the registration of Ukrainian citizenship have been submitted for consideration by the Migration service.
When and where should I apply for an extension of my stay in Ukraine?
To extend the period of stay in Ukraine, it is necessary to apply to the Migration Service at the place of residence no earlier than 10 working days and no later than 3 working days before the end of the legal stay.
What documents must be submitted to extend the period of stay?
In order to extend the period of stay, it is necessary to provide documents that confirm the existence of one of the above grounds.
Also, the foreigner must have a host party who will act as his guarantor. It can be either a natural person, a citizen of Ukraine or a foreigner with a residence permit, or a legal entity represented by the director or an employee on behalf of the director.
In addition, it is necessary to submit documents for the ownership of housing, which is provided to a foreigner for residence. If such housing does not belong to either the foreigner or the host party, then all co-owners of this housing must give their consent to stay at the Migration Service in person or at a notary, by signing the appropriate statement.
If the foreigner leaves the territory of Ukraine within the scope of the extended period of stay, the stamp on the extension of the period is canceled automatically.
It will be possible to return only after renewing the legal period of stay or obtaining a visa.
The order of stay term extension in Ukraine
- Preparation of documents from 1 w.d.
- translations of necessary documents into Ukrainian, their notarization
- preparation of applications, petitions, letters
- formation of a package of documents
- Submission of documents to the Migration Service 1 w.d.
- Review of documents by the Migration Service 3-5 w.d.
- Obtaining a passport with a note on the extension of the stay 1 w.d.
List of documents required to extend term of stay in Ukraine
The first page of the passport must be translated and notarized.
It is also necessary to provide a copy of the passport page with a border crossing stamp
Passport document of the receiving party - an individual
or a responsible employee of the host company
3. Order on the appointment of a responsible employee of the host company
4. Extract from the Uniform State Register
5. Document confirming the financial security of the host party
6. Title document for the residential premises, statement from the owner of the residential premises on consent for the foreigner to live in the dwelling owned by him and the passport of the owner
Documents for the right of ownership must be in the original, or, if information about housing is entered in the State Register of Real Property Rights - an information certificate from the register
- The application can be certified by a notary or submitted in person at the Migration Service
- The owner's passport must be an original or a notarized copy
What you get
How to understand when the period of stay in Ukraine will end?
How can you legally stay in Ukraine for a longer period of time?
If you need to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days within 180 days, you must contact the territorial division of the Migration Service at your place of residence no earlier than 10 days and no later than 3 days before the end of the 90-day period.
However, keep in mind that simply wanting to stay in Ukraine is not enough.
In order to extend the term, a foreigner needs good reasons, which are described above on this page.
There are no 15 working days required to issue a temporary residence permit. Can I extend my stay?
In most cases, no. Currently, the practice of the migration service is such that in cases where a person does not have the required number of days to issue a temporary residence permit, employees do not accept documents for extending the term, but recommend either leaving for a new visa (for visa countries) or leaving to renew the terms (for visa-free).
However, if your situation is extraordinary, they can help you - everything is individual
The documents for the immigration permit have been submitted, according to the law, the decision to wait for 1 year, can I legally stay in Ukraine this year?
Yes, you can. However, in order to legally stay in Ukraine, it is necessary to submit an appropriate application and a package of documents in time.
If an application for an immigration permit is submitted, but the applicant does not have a temporary residence permit in Ukraine, such a foreigner has the right to extend his stay in Ukraine while the immigration case is pending.
It is necessary to submit an application for extension of the period no earlier than 10 and no later than 3 working days before the end of the legal period of stay to the Migration Service, where the application for immigration was submitted. Usually, in such cases, the period of stay is extended for half a year.
The extension of the period of stay is stamped in the foreigner's passport, which indicates the date until which the foreigner has the right to be in the territory of Ukraine.
The period of stay can be extended until the documents for issuing a permanent residence permit are submitted.
It should be taken into account that, if the foreigner leaves the territory of Ukraine within the scope of the extended period of stay, the stamp on the extension of the period will be canceled automatically. It will be possible to return only after the legal period of stay has been restored.
If applying for Ukrainian citizenship for a child, do the parents have the right to extend their stay?
Yes, parents can extend the period of stay while waiting for the decision of the Migration Service to grant their child Ukrainian citizenship.
After receiving documents on registration as a citizen of Ukraine, parents have the right to submit documents for obtaining of an immigration permit. However, this must be done within the period of stay, which is indicated in the stamp in the passport.
Is it possible to extend the period of stay based on the fact that a foreigner expects Ukrainian citizenship?
Yes, in this case, you can extend the period of stay.
At the Migration Service, where you applied for citizenship, you need to take a certificate of submitted documents.
It is necessary to submit an application for extension of the period no earlier than 10 and no later than 3 working days before the end of the legal period of stay to the territorial body of the Migration Service. Usually, in such cases, you can count on an extension of the term from 3 to 6 months.
A stamp on the extension of the stay is made in the passport, which indicates the date until which the foreigner has the right to stay on the territory of Ukraine.
Questions and comments