The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine presented a major update of the Diya application.
Finally, foreigners do not have to carry physical documents with them, the loss of which is punishable by a large fine - you can show your ID in Diya. Also, card holders will be able to generate Diya.Signature and use other services available in the application and on the Diya website.
In order for the permit to be activated, several criteria must be met:
1. The permit must be in the form of a plastic ID card. That is, owners of permanent residence permits in the form of booklets, or even older permits issued on paper, will not be able to add their document to Diya.
Unfortunately, an old model permit cannot be exchanged for a new ID card simply at your own will. The law stipulates that the exchange is carried out upon reaching the age of 25 and 45 or changing personal data: name, surname, citizenship.
Old passports are often damaged: rubbed, torn, laminated, etc. Therefore, if you want to get an ID card and pull it up in Diya, but there are no reasons from the previous paragraph - we recommend submitting documents due to the unsuitability of the permit for further use.
2. Have a taxpayer card - tax number (TIN).
You can issue a payer number and get a card:
• before obtaining a permit - at the Payer Service Center of the Main Administration of the city or region where you live;
• after obtaining a permit and registering your place of residence - at the Payer Service Center of the relevant district where you registered.
3. Have a bank account for authorization through BankID.
So, update the app and take advantage of the digital state!