Сonsular legalization in Ukraine
Legalization of official documents of Ukraine and other countries
Рекомендую! Очень профессионально работают, легко общаться, доброжелательные. Всё вып…
Хочу поблагодарить юридическую компанию ЮСТИКОН в лице юриста Марии Литвин за оказани…
Briefly on documents legalization
- Consular legalization of official documents is a procedure for confirming the validity of original official documents for the purpose of using them abroad.
- The purpose of consular legalization is to provide a guarantee to the authorities of the state where the document will be used, that the document is valid in the country of origin and executed accordingly.
The cost of documents legalization in Ukraine
- Legalization in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- Legalization at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Legalization in the diplomatic mission of a foreign state
- from 2000 uah
- Power of attorney for employees of our company
- from 550 uah
- Translation of documents (if necessary)
- from 400 uah (depends on volume and language)
Detailed on documents legalization
What is an official document that can be legalized?
An official document is a written confirmation of facts and events that have legal significance, or with which current legislation connects the emergence, change, or termination of the rights and obligations of individuals or legal entities.
Who and where performs consular legalization?
Consular legalization is carried out by an authorized employee of the Consular Service Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Representations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the territory of Ukraine or a consular official of a foreign diplomatic institution of Ukraine.
What documents does the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine accept for legalization?
The Department of the Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine accepts for consular legalization:
- originals of diplomas on higher and secondary special education of an international standard, transcripts from credit information, diplomas of the Higher Attestation Commission of Ukraine undergo the legalization procedure directly at the Department of the Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine upon their submission by a representative of the educational institution that issued the document, and in the presence of a letter of appeal from the educational institution, certified by the ministry, another central body of the executive power, to the sphere of management of which the educational institution belongs. In this case, the inscription "This document is legalized in the Department of the Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine" is made;
- archival certificates issued by archival units of the State Archives Committee of Ukraine and departmental archives are sent to the Department of the Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine in response to requests from foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine or diplomatic missions of foreign countries in Ukraine and are legalized. Such documents are marked with the inscription "This document is legalized in the Department of the Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine";
- originals: certificates of civil status registration; certificate of civil status registration authorities;
- other official documents after notarization of their copies and registration by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
Are there any peculiarities of legalization of certain documents?
Thus, documents that were issued by civil status registration authorities on the territory of Ukraine after 1991 and will be used abroad in the future are legalized in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine in the original after certification in the civil status registration departments of the Main Department of Justice of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
Documents issued on the territory of the USSR, that is, before 1991, are submitted in notarized copies to the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine for preparation for consular legalization, after which they are legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
The final stage will be the consular legalization of the document at the embassy or consulate of the country where the document is to be presented. For example, if the document is to be used in Egypt, the last stamp on the document must be the seal of the Egyptian embassy in Ukraine.
For which countries is a legalized document valid?
A document that has passed the procedure of consular legalization is valid only for the state whose diplomatic representation it was certified by.
Do documents always need to be legalized?
No, another way to prepare documents for their possible use abroad is to affix an apostille, introduced by the Hague Convention. Such a procedure is possible if both the country from which the document originates and the country where it will be used have joined the Convention.
The order of obtaining consular legalization
- Preparation of documents from 1 w.d.
- obtaining original documents and necessary information
- signing applications and petitions (if necessary)
- Submission of documents to the relevant state authority 1 w.d.
- Obtaining a finished document from 1 w.d.
Questions and comments