Briefly on residence permit cancellation
1) If the residence permit has expired, it must be returned to the corresponding department of the Migration Service.
2) It is necessary to cancel the residence permit in the case when the grounds on which it was issued have ceased, or the foreigner no longer needs to reside in Ukraine.
3) The foreigner personally or the host party, which provided the grounds for issuing the residence permit, can apply for the cancellation of the residence permit.
We are able to de-register both through the administrative service centre and the request of the Migration Service.
Contact us - consultation is free!
The cost of a residence permit cancellation
- Preparation of an application/solicitation for the cancellation of a residence permit to the issuing authority
- Obtaining a confirmation document for the return/cancellation of the residence permit
- 1500 uah
- De-registration (obtaining an extract)
- from 2000 uah
- Notarization of a power of attorney for employees of our company (if necessary)
- 550 uah
Detailed on a residence permit cancellation
Why is it necessary to return/cancel the permit?
The legislation of Ukraine stipulates that if there are no grounds for extending the validity period of a residence permit for temporary residence or an untimely application for the exchange of a permit, a foreigner must de-registrate the place of residence and leave Ukraine within seven days. At the same time, it is necessary to return the residence permitto the issuing authority.
If the permit is still valid, but the grounds on which it was issued have disappeared, or the foreigner has decided not to live in Ukraine any more, then the permit must be cancelled. Before submitting a request for cancellation, it is necessary to cancel the declaration/registration of the place of residence, and then return the residence permit to the issuing authority.
In what cases should a temporary residence permit in Ukraine be returned to the issuing authority?
A temporary residence permit must be returned to the department of the Migration Service that issued it in the following cases:
- the validity period of the temporary residence permit has expired;
- the grounds for issuing a temporary residence permit have disappeared (dissolution of marriage, termination of employment with the employer before the expiration of the employment permit, etc.);
- on the own initiative of the holder of the permit.
Is it possible to cancel a permanent residence permit?
It is possible to cancel a permanent residence permit. The procedure is similar to the cancellation of a temporary permit described above. At the same time, in addition to the passport, the immigration permit is also cancelled.
The order of a residence permit cancellation in the issuing authority
- De-registration from the place of residence to 3 w.d.
- preparation of applications, instructions
- applying to the Сenter of administrative services with a corresponding application
- receiving a certificate confirming cancellation of registration
- Submission of documents to the Migration Service 1 w.d.
- return of the residence permit and/or filing an application for cancellation or invalidation of the residence permit
- Obtaining a decision on the cancellation of the permit 5-10 w.d.