Registration of media in Ukraine
Prompt and efficient registration of a mass media (magazine, newspaper, etc.) in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
Рекомендую! Очень профессионально работают, легко общаться, доброжелательные. Всё вып…
Хочу поблагодарить юридическую компанию ЮСТИКОН в лице юриста Марии Литвин за оказани…
Briefly on a media registration
1) Printed mass media (press) are publications that are published under a permanent name, with a periodicity of one or more issues during the year on the basis of a state registration certificate.
2) Registration of a printed mass media most often takes place in the form of a magazine or newspaper.
3) Registration of one's magazine or newspaper gives the right to collect, create, edit, prepare information and publish printed mass media.
We will prepare all the necessary documents and register the media without any extra hassle.
Contact us - the consultation is free!
The cost of a media registration
- Preparation of a package of documents
- Media registration
- Obtaining a certificate
- 3000 uah
- Notarization of a power of attorney for our employees
- from 550 uah
- State fee
- 850 uah
- Translation of documents
- from 400 uah (depending on volume and language)
Detailed on a media registration
In what form can mass media exist?
Unfortunately, our legislation currently only provides for the registration of print media. The most common types of print media are magazines and newspapers.
The registration of the mass media is confirmed by the certificate of state registration of the printed mass media, which is issued by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
Publication of printed mass media registered in Ukraine is carried out in the state language. It is also possible to publish in other languages besides Ukrainian.
State registration of print mass media whose name contains symbols of communist and/or national socialist (Nazi) totalitarian regimes, symbols of the military invasion of the Russian Nazi totalitarian regime in Ukraine is prohibited.
If you plan to run an electronic publication, we recommend registering an information agency.
Who can create print media?
The right to create a printed mass media has:
- citizen of Ukraine;
- foreigners and stateless persons;
- legal entities of Ukraine and other states;
- labor teams of enterprises, institutions and organizations.
The relationship between the co-founders regarding the establishment and operation of the print mass media is regulated by the founding agreement concluded between them.
If one of the co-founders is an individual, the founding agreement is notarized.
If the founding documents are drawn up in a foreign language, they are submitted for state registration together with their translation into Ukrainian, which is notarized.
What do you need to decide before registering mass media?
1. Type of publication: newspaper, magazine, collection, bulletin, almanac, calendar, digest, etc.;
2. The name of the publication in the language or languages in which it will be published;
3. Language/languages of publication: monolingual, in several languages at the same time (parallel issues), in mixed languages (several languages in one issue);
4. Scope of distribution:
- local - within the ARC, one oblast, regional center, one city, district, individual settlements, as well as enterprises, institutions, organizations,
- regional - two or more oblasts, cities of Kyiv or Sevastopol and oblast, ARC and oblast,
- nationwide - within Ukraine,
- foreign - outside Ukraine;
5. Program goals (main principles) or thematic focus and their brief description:
- development of education,
- increasing the level of spirituality,
- leisure development,
- informing the population on certain issues, etc.;
6. Category of readers - strata of the population for which the publication is intended:
- all population
- young people,
- persons with disabilities,
- employees of a certain industry, etc.;
7. Estimated publication frequency, volume and format of the publication;
8. Location of the editorial office.
The application must also include the following information:
1. Publication status:
- domestic - print mass media whose founders are exclusively Ukrainian individuals or legal entities;
- joint - print mass media, created with the participation of foreign individuals or legal entities.
2. Type of publication according to the intended purpose, for example: general political, economic and business, advertising, popular science, art, sports, legal, erotic, leisure, medical, religious, tourist, informational, for children, etc.
A publication is advertising if more than 40 percent of the volume of one issue is advertising.
The order of a media registration
- Preparation from 1 w.d.
- preparation of a package of documents
- Submission of documents to the registration authority 1 w.d.
- Obtaining a decision on mass media registration to 30 c.d.
- State fee payment 1 w.d.
- Obtaining a mass media registration certificate 1 w.d.
Questions and comments