Ukrainian citizenship by naturalization
Help in collecting a package of documents and obtain Ukrainian citizenship by Presidential Decree
Рекомендую! Очень профессионально работают, легко общаться, доброжелательные. Всё вып…
Хочу поблагодарить юридическую компанию ЮСТИКОН в лице юриста Марии Литвин за оказани…
Briefly on Ukrainian citizenship
1) Have the right to obtain Ukrainian citizenship through acceptance into Ukrainian citizenship, among others:
- foreigners and stateless persons who have been married to a citizen of Ukraine for more than 2 years and received a permanent residence permit in Ukraine, or
- foreigners and stateless persons living in Ukraine with a permanent residence permit for more than 5 consecutive years.
2) A mandatory condition for obtaining a passport of a citizen of Ukraine is the refusal of all existing citizenships at the time of application in the form:
- obtaining a certificate of withdrawal from citizenship from the country of previous citizenship;
- returning the passport of previous citizenship to the authorities of the relevant state;
- replacement of passport of previous citizenship with passport of Ukraine.
3) The deadline for renouncing previous citizenship is two years from the moment of obtaining Ukrainian citizenship.
4) The date of acceptance into Ukrainian citizenship is the date of issuance of the corresponding Decree of the President of Ukraine.
The cost of obtaining Ukrainian citizenship by naturalization
- Preparation of a package of documents
- Obtaining a copy of the immigration permit
- Coordination of documents with the Migration Service
- Submission of documents to the Migration Service
- Control of the registration process
- Obtaining a certificate of registration as a citizen of Ukraine
- Obtaining a temporary certificate of a citizen of Ukraine
- 34700 uah
- Payment of state duty
- 300 uah
- Obtaining of a certificate of crossing the state border of Ukraine during the last 5 years
- from 2000 uah
- Obtaining of a certificate on the absence of a criminal record in the territory of the country of citizenship
- from 2000 uah (depends on the country of citizenship)
- Notarisation of power of attorney for employees of our company
- from 550 uah
- Address search for citizenship registration in Kyiv
- by agreement
- Personal consultation on grounds for obtaining of Ukrainian citizenship
- Verification of existing documents, instructions for processing missing documents
- Analysis of prospects for obtaining Ukrainian citizenship
- Practical advice on the process of obtaining Ukrainian citizenship and a Ukrainian passport from a practicing lawyer
- 2500 uah (if further you order full support for the registration of citizenship - we will deduct the cost of this consultation from the cost of our services)
Detailed on Ukrainian citizenship
What are the grounds for submitting documents for acceptance to citizenship?
|Category of the applicant||Renunciation of another citizenship||Residence in Ukraine||Obtaining an immigration permit||Proficiency in Ukrainian||Availability of legal sources of livelihood|
|Persons who have been married to a citizen of Ukraine for more than 2 years||✓||2 years||✓||✓||✓|
|Stateless persons||✓||3 years||✓||✓||✓|
|Servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine||✓||3 years||-||✓||✓|
|Servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, awarded with a state award||✓||-||-||-||-|
|Persons who have made outstanding contributions to Ukraine||✓||-||-||-||-|
|Persons whose admission to Ukrainian citizenship is of state interest for Ukraine||✓||-||-||-||-|
|Other foreigners||✓||5 years||✓||✓||✓|
* "residence in Ukraine" means continuous residence on the territory of Ukraine with a permanent residence permit.
What are the grounds for refusing to accept citizenship?
A person who:
- committed a crime against humanity or committed genocide;
- sentenced in Ukraine to imprisonment for a serious or particularly serious crime (until the conviction is expunged or expunged);
- committed an act on the territory of another state, which is recognized by the legislation of Ukraine as a serious or particularly serious crime.
Where should I apply for Ukrainian citizenship?
Documents for obtaining Ukrainian citizenship are submitted to the department of the Migration Service at the place of registration.
When is it necessary to terminate the current citizenship?
It is necessary to start the procedure of terminating foreign citizenship only when the decision on acceptance of Ukrainian citizenship has been made and the Decree of the President of Ukraine has been issued, and the Migration Service has issued the relevant certificate and temporary certificate of a citizen of Ukraine.
There are 2 years from the date of the decision to grant Ukrainian citizenship to terminate foreign citizenship. If during these two years you do not submit documents confirming your exit to the Migration Service, your Ukrainian citizenship will be revoked.
For citizens of some countries, it is envisaged to replace the passport of a foreign country with Ukrainian documents. There are also circumstances in which it is possible to simply send the passport of the country of previous citizenship to its Embassy/Consulate. In these cases, there is no need to go through the procedure of complete withdrawal from foreign citizenship.
When will I receive a passport of a citizen of Ukraine?
It is possible to obtain a passport of a citizen of Ukraine only after the Migration Service has issued you a certificate, which states: the certificate was issued for the registration of a passport of a citizen of Ukraine. When you receive such a certificate will depend on which of the procedures described above applies to you.
The order of obtaining Ukrainian citizenship by naturalization
- Preparation of documents from 1 w.d.
- signing a power of attorney at a notary
- translations of necessary documents into Ukrainian, their notarization
- formation of a package of documents
- Submission and consideration of documents from 1 year
- coordination of the package of documents with the Migration Service
- a foreigner personally accompanied by a lawyer submits documents to the Migration Service
- monitoring of the citizenship registration process by the Migration Service and the Commission under the President of Ukraine
- Issuance of a certificate of registration as a citizen of Ukraine and a temporary certificate of a citizen of Ukraine from 10 w.d.
- a foreigner personally accompanied by a lawyer submits an application and receives documents from the Migration Service
List of documents required to obtain Ukrainian citizenship by naturalization
1. 8 photos
2. Passport of the applicant
1. A document that confirms a person's continuous legal residence in the territory of Ukraine for the past five years
2. A document confirming the continuous legal residence of a person on the territory of Ukraine for the past three years, together with documents confirming that the person entered Ukraine as a stateless person
3. A document confirming the husband's (wife's) citizenship of Ukraine and being married for more than 2 years
Passport of a citizen of Ukraine and marriage certificate
- Depending on the country of issue, it is subject to legalization and translation into Ukrainian
Questions and comments