Consular legalization is the the validity conformation procedure of official documents or certification of authenticity the signatures of the competent officials that authorized to certify signature, stamps and seals on the documents used abroad.
The purpose of consular legalization is to provide the state`s authorities with assurance of correctness and consistency of the document.
Official document mean a written confirmation of facts and events of legal significance connected with the emergence, change or termination of the rights and obligations of individuals or legal entities.
Consular legalization is carried out by an authorized employee of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ukraine, the offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the territory of Ukraine or by a consular authority of the Ukrainian foreign diplomatic institution.
The Consular Department of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry accepts for consular legalization the following documents:
- The original of Higher Diplomas and secondary education certificates according to international standards, statements of academic records, Diplomas of the Higher Attestation Commission of Ukraine.
- archival documents issued by archival units of the State Archives Committee of Ukraine and departmental archives are sent to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ukraine in response to requests from foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine or diplomatic representations of foreign states in Ukraine and legalized. There is the following inscription on that documents "This document is legalized in the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine" is made;
- originals: certificates of registration civil assets; certificates of civil registration;
- other official documents after notary certification of their copies and registered by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
We draw your attention to the fact that the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not issue legalization on those documents that are drawn up on the territory of other countries. The legalization of such documents is possible at the consular department of the embassy of the country, which is located on the territory of Ukraine (only after the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stamps) or in the consulate of Ukraine located in the country of issuance of the documents.
The documents issued by the registrar's offices in the territory of Ukraine after 1991 and which will later be used abroad are legalized in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine in the original after the certification in civil registration offices of the Main Justice Department of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine. The documents are issued on the territory of the USSR, that is, before 1991, are submitted in notarized copies to the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine for preparation for consular legalization, after which they are legalized in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
The final stage will be the consular legalization of the document in the embassy or consulate of the state where the document must be submitted. That is, if a citizen leaves for permanent residence in Egypt, the last seal on the document should be the seal of the Egyptian embassy in Ukraine.
Consular legalization is possible for those official documents issued with the participation of public authorities or local governments. Legalization of the document in accordance with the established procedure gives it the right to exist in international circulation.
A document intended for action on the territory of Egypt can be used there only after it has been properly registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, and after that in the consular institution of Egypt in Ukraine.
Such procedure of legalization of the document is imperfect
A document that has passed such a complicated procedure for registration is valid only for the state whose consular service it was issued, in this case, in Egypt.
Instruction on the procedure for consular legalization of official documents in Ukraine and abroad, approved by the order of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine of 04.06.2002 No. 113 and registered with the Ministry of Justice on June 26, 2002 under No. 535/6823.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR GETTING PERMIT TO EMPLOY NON-RESIDENTS
|1||Application for consular legalization||Original|
|2||Identity document||Original||Legal entities file an appeal letter on consular legalization|
|3||The document that is legalized||Original|
|4||Power of attorney or other document confirming the authority to act on behalf of the applicant.||Notarized copy|
* J - Justicon, C - Client
For making documents possible for using abroad it must be providing the apostille introduced by the Hague Convention, such a procedure is possible when a country has acceded to the Convention.
It should be noted that the procedure for conducting consular legalization is multistage, rather complicated and requires considerable expenses. Therefore, we advise you to turn to the specialists of our company and entrust this business to professionals.
List of basic services
- Legalization of documents in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Legalization of documents in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
- Legalization in the consulate of the respective country